Thursday, August 29, 2013

'merica, I won't miss you

Land of the free, home of the brave, God bless the USA! 

Really though, there is a reason I decided to leave the country for a year.* I love this nation that I am a part of but sometimes, she can really got on my nerves. Reflecting on my pet peeves of the red, white, and blue makes France look better and better each day - here's a list of things I WON'T miss during my year away from the States.

1. Walmart. Besides finding things for ridiculously low prices, this place purely just screams consumerism to me. I am glad to be rid of the temptation of going here for a year.

Look at that maniacal face. Sucks the soul out of you every time.

2. McDonalds. And Burger King. And really just all fast food. Having fresh produce and bread available every day is going to be amazing!

A typical golden arches meal (especially after Interplay rehearsal)


3. Snow. Except for that one-honeymoon-period-occurance of snow that can only happen on christmas eve, I will be happy to be rid of that white, fluffy, wet stuff for a year.

Good riddance.

4. Reality TV. With the obvious exception of the Bachelor, which I will be watching on Project Free TV for sure.
Yeah, not missing much here.

I will accept my rose overseas, Juan Pablo!

5. Paying (or caring about) the ever-changing gas prices. Although I love driving, it is going to be nice to not think about gas and "How many cents did it go up?" each day. Yay for awesome public transportation!**

My thought when passing by gas stations everyday.

Ok so there aren't that many annoyances on this list. I think I forgot a lot of them, probably blocked them out of my mind as they are happening. Really, I am going to miss very many things being away from home (stay tuned for another post).

'merica and all your nuisances, goodbye for now!

*Besides the fact that I am an insufferable francophile.

**And walking. Lots of walking

No comments:

Post a Comment