Thursday, September 26, 2013

To the home of chocolate and watches!

Wednesdays in Provence: it is really hard to explain what happens on a Wednesday here... because really, not that much happens at all. Schools close early, there are rarely any shops or restaurants open throughout the afternoon, buses run on a limited schedule - it is like a miniature "day of rest" in a region where life already moves at a slow pace.

Yesterday was just that - a miniature day of rest. Took care of a few things in town as well as more laundry and cleaning. I also started packing for the weekend trip I am taking (details forthcoming). In the evening, Amy arrived! Last night and today, we have been getting acquainted and have been sorting out some of the things that she needed to get done. It was helpful that I had done most of the stuff in the past week, so I knew where we needed to go most of the time - maybe I am getting to be more Apt-ois as the days go on! I am so happy to have someone to share my time with here, and traveling around Europe!

Another thing that happened today that made me feel like I truly live here: I received mail! And not just any mail, mail from the French government, from my French bank and even a thank you card from Molly and John back in the U.S. - three letters in one day! I was pretty happy.*

Three letters = three times the happiness

So speaking of happiness....I am SO happy to be able to explore a new country and city this weekend.... I will give a few clues to where I am going for the next 4 days... (if you already know, just play along until you reach the end)

I am going to the country that is famous for....

Chocolate.....

This specific type of cheese....

Watches (there is also a hint within this decoration on this watch)...

And the snowy peaks of one of the most renowned mountain ranges in the world...
 

 So where am I going you might ask?? If you haven't figured it out by now...

SWITZERLAND!

Specifically, Zurich which is beautifully pictured above. I'm pretty excited.

I leave tomorrow morning for a 6 hour train ride to Zurich, where I will be meeting up with my brother, Dan, and my sister-in-law Brenna to spend the weekend with them there. Dan will be there for the next two weeks on business and I am so happy that the stars aligned: that I am in France at the same time he is in Switzerland. I feel so blessed to be able to see family (especially family that recently moved across the country) and to explore a new city and country with them. I will be back in France Monday evening, full of stories, pictures and smiles to share, I am sure. Until then, I will bid adieu to this blog - its off to the land of Albert Einstein I go!**

*Mail makes me happy. That being said, I would love to receive other cards, postcards, letters, packages, etc. If you would like my address/want me to send a postcard your way, send me a message!

**Maybe I can soak up a bit of his intelligence while I am there.... Not making any promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment