Saturday, October 19, 2013

Luck, Whiskey and Lots of Castles

The past few days have been so nice here. As our vacation has commenced, Amy and I have been taking advantage and doing as much relaxation as possible - reading, sleeping in, cleaning, organizing and just enjoying time at our little home in Apt. In trying to save money before our trip and before our first paycheck comes through (we get paid at the end of every month, but we are not sure exactly when), we have been eating in and trying to cook new recipes. After our amazing time at the creperie on Thursday night, we decided to try our hand at making some crepes for dessert on Friday.*


We decided to fill them with nutella, bananas and chocolate hazelnut ice cream

One word: YUM

Today was more filled with packing and planning, making lists of what to do and see for the next ten days of our trip.  Speaking of which....

Just like the last time I went on a major trip, I will give you a few hints on where I am going... (and if you already know, I guess you don't have to play along and can skip to the bottom)


I might be singing a little bit of this...

And some of this too!

Might be drinking a glass of this...
and a bit of this as well!
I'll be seeing lots of amazing castles and churches like this!

So where am I going you might ask??
If you haven't figured it out, I am going to Scotland, Ireland and le Mont St Michel! To be specific, I am spending 3 days in Edinburgh, Scotland (hopefully with an excursion to the highlands to see Loch Lomond), 3 days in Dublin, Ireland (with a day trip to see the Cliffs of Moher!) and 3 days in Nantes, France (with a day spent in the amazing Mont St Michel). Now I will show you pictures of all these places to make you incredibly envious of me. 

DUBLIN!

So excited to stand at the edge of these amazing cliffs!

Edinburgh!

And again, who doesn't love a castle island?!

So anyway, I will be out of touch for the next ten days, though will probably be updating a little on whatever Wifi is available. Expect copious pictures and stories, and of course blog posts, when I return! May the luck of the Irish be with me!

*I say "we" but really Amy is amazing at flicking those little thin pancakes around. I mostly just opened the Nutella jar and offered moral support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment