Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Three Midnights in Paris

As today was Wednesday, it brought a short work day, which became even shorter due to one of my classes going to the film festival. After my one class this morning, which went brilliantly by the way, I ventured into town to get run some errands and even stopped to enjoy a warm drink at Bar l'Aptois. Today was a brisk day for the south of France, one could have even believed that winter was coming soon here, with the gusts of chilly wind freezing you to the bone. I guess le mistral might be here to stay.

This afternoon, Amy and I went into Avignon to finally get our new phone plan. Unfortunately, when we arrived they told us they only had one phone left. After talking it through, we decided that I would get my phone today, as Amy would be around this weekend to pick one up once it gets in. After getting this set up, we met up with another assistant Alison and had some nice warm drinks at a picturesque tartinerie. It was nice to catch up with another assistant, hearing about how her teaching is going as well as life in France. And, of course, nice to be inside enjoying a hot beverage on a cold day.

After a ride back to Apt that made me feel quite queasy (or maybe it was the bad escargot aux raisins that I ate...), I began setting my new phone up and called everyone from home! It was so nice to be able to just sit and have conversations with people from home on the phone, can't tell you how much joy it brought me to catch up with everyone. Thanks for talking to me Dad, Heather, Christa, Katelyn, and Marissa!* Another awesome thing this phone has brought me: 10Go of data. Also known as, fast internet, and a lot of it. I am feeling that the Wifi/internet problem at the apartment is soon to be solved.

With tomorrow fast approaching, I am both dreading and am extremely excited for it to come. As it is again my most busy day of the week with assisting, this stress is augmented by the fact that I have 20 minutes once my classes are over to run to apartment, drop off my teaching materials, grab my bag and get to the bus. I am leaving Apt for a weekend trip tomorrow!

And this is where I get excited. I am SO happy to share that this weekend I will be in Paris with one of my best friends from home, Katie, and two of her friends that she is studying in Spain with! I will be leaving tomorrow night and returning Sunday evening, just in time to teach early Monday morning. I have been to Paris twice before, but each time I go, I find something new and more beautiful about the city. I cannot wait to spend time with a great friend in an amazing city!


City of Lights

*If anyone wants to talk to me, I have to call you (otherwise, you will get some hefty fees). So let me know and I will give you a ring!

No comments:

Post a Comment